I had a simple-looking task: show text on the UI with a link to open a web page in Unity. It doesn’t sound complicated, and I thought it would be an easy assignment as a task like this is very common in HTML or anywhere else.
Out of the blue, when starting Flatstone Grove on Android, the Addressables system started throwing CRC errors. We knew we had something to fix.
On this Monday & Tuesday, we held our annual Sponge Hammer game jam.
The setup and the rules were very similar to last year’s one, but at this time, we had more people in each group. Csaba announced the teams on Sunday (the day before the event started), but we had to wait until Monday morning to discover the theme of the jam.
I decided to record my learnings about the Addressables system in Unity. In this post, I’ll talk about packing and downloading locale-specific data. It took me a while to figure this out so someone else may benefit from it.
Janos has been programming for more than 20 years now, from DOS PC games to 3D engines. He has a weak spot for hardware and music and he joined Sponge Hammer in 2018.
At the end of October, we organised a company-wide game jam. It was two days of very intense racing to get the ideas implemented and have a more or less working game to show.
I’ve decided to write about my journey from the first steps of downloading the game engine – to the point I was actually able to replicate a game concept.
Sometimes you want to get things done and you end up troubleshooting the tools you wanted to use. This was one of those days. Unity told me my license was invalid. In the end it was my fault. This is what happened.